Trees and timber
OpenFields holds a range of items about trees and timber, including topics such as:
- Forestry creation, management and harvesting
- Disease management and control
- Hardwood and softwood timber production
Resources are categorised by:
OpenFields brings together authoritative information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Trees and timber category
- NNFCC Briefing. Bioenergy: A sustainable solution for electricity generation in the UK
- Identification of Colorado beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata) and insects frequently mistaken for it
- Recreational use of forests and disturbance of wildlife – a literature review.
- Woodchip for animal bedding and compost
- Ancient Tree Guides No.2: Trees in Historic Parks and Landscape Gardens
- Sawing Timber on the Farm
- South American tomato moth (Tuta absoluta)
- Managing and controlling invasive rhododendron
- Bygythiad i’n coetiroedd, gweunydd a gerddi hanesyddol / A threat to our woodlands, heathlands and historic gardens - Phytophthora ramorum
- Ancient Tree Guides No.3: Trees and development
- Space for People: Targeting action for woodland access
Subcategories within Trees and timber
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.