Short rotation coppice in the landscape
Guideline Note 002 which outlines the main landscape considerations that need to be taken into account when planning the establishment of short rotation coppice (SRC).
Year of Publication2001
This Note outlines the main landscape considerations that need to be taken into account when planning the establishment of SRC, and provides advice to growers on the ways in which an area of coppice can be designed to blend in with the rest of the landscape. The Note has been prepared following a review of practice on the ground, and it expands on the guidance given in the Lowland Landscape Design Guidelines. This publication should also be consulted as it provides advice covering the wider aspects of forest and woodland design.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Commercial tree production
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Timber products
Additional keywords/tagslandscapeplanningshort rotation coppicesrc
Protecting and expanding Britain's forests and woodlands to increase their value to society and the environment.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.