Assessing woodlands for woodfuel production
An overview of considerations and legal requirements which need investigating before developing a management plan for woodfuel production.
Year of Publication2009
There is potential to actively manage many woodlands more effectively to produce woodfuel. Some strategic and operational considerations for producing woodfuel from a typical lowland wood are detailed here. Brief guidance and further references are provided for measuring and assessing the quantity of wood.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Commercial tree production
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Timber products
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Landscape
Additional keywords/tagssivicultureforestrywood fuel production
Supporting the development of the national rural economy.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.