Ancient Tree Guides No.1: Trees and farming
A guide that looks at how farming may affect the lives of ancient trees and at simple measures that can prevent their untimely death.
Year of Publication2004
This note offers guidance in respect of some common farming activities that affect ancient trees, including:1. Cultivation and ditching2. Fertilisers and animal medicines3. Grazing4. Retention of mature and ancient trees – alive and dead5. Best practice when cutting mature and ancient trees
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Amenity woodland
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Wildlife & biodiversity
Conservation charity dedicated to the protection of our native woodland heritageWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.