The State of the UK’s Forests, Woods and Trees: Perspectives from the sector
A report to mark the International Year of Forests 2011
Year of Publication2011
A report issued to coincide with the International Year of Forests, which considers the whole of the UK’s tree resource in all its variety.It draws out some top-line facts, figures, and trends, giving a snapshot of the resource, and the main issues it faces, in order to stimulate some thinking from across the ‘forest’ sector. Each chapter includes perspectives contributed by a cross-section of organisations working in the sector, including those in the forestry industry, those working with communities, and those concerned with wildlife and conservation. While the views expressed in these are the organisations’ own, there are common threads that should signal to government and others where the biggest challenges lie.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Timber products
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Commercial tree production
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Amenity woodland
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
Additional keywords/tagsproductivitysustainable forest managementgovernanceresilienceecosystem servicesforest coverbiodiversity
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.