Section 4 of the FWAG Farm Conservation Guide for farmers and land managers - on the management of farm woodland.
Year of Publication2009
Practical advice and background information on the creation and management of woodland as an asset, providing timber, fuel and other woodland products for sale as well as providing shelter and wildlife habitat, screening, sport, recreation and landscape value. This is a chapter from a comprehensive practical conservation guide produced by FWAG. The complete guide (printed and bound) may be purchased by contacting FWAG.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Timber products
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Amenity woodland
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Commercial tree production
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
Additional keywords/tagssemi natural woodswoodland animalsplantationscampaign for the farmed environmentfwag farm conservation guidemixed woodland
Providing farmers, landowners and others with the best opportunity for environmental gain through cost effective, quality solutionsWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.