An article that argues for increasing the area of trees and forests in the UK to benefit future generations by meeting material, social and cultural functions of society.
Year of Publication2011
The value and benefit of increasing the area of trees in terms of the total tree canopy is discussed briefly in terms of ecosystem services, the urban forest, support for productive farming and water management.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Commercial tree production
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Water resource management
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Amenity woodland
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
Additional keywords/tagsecosystem servicesurban forest
Conservation charity dedicated to the protection of our native woodland heritageWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.