1559: The Allerton project – songbirds and game
This paper is taken from a section of ‘20 Years of The Allerton Project’. The full report is on the website of the project’s parent organisation, the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
Year of Publication2012
Wild pheasants increased four-fold in response to full game management. Hare numbers dropped substantially once predator control was withdrawn. Songbird numbers doubled in response to game management, but showed a gradual decline once feeding and predator control were stopped.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Field sports, hunting & fishing
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.