Energy efficiency on farm – a practical guide
A factsheet to help farmers gain a better understanding of what their actual energy costs are and to identify potential savings and ways of using energy more efficiently.
Year of Publication2009
The aim of this fact sheet is to help farmers gain a greater understanding of what their actual energy costs are and to identify potential savings and ways of using energy more efficiently in the future. Practical guidance is offered on:- Measuring energy consumption- Managing energy consumption- Where does the energy go?- How to reduce water heating costs- Summary – tips for energy saving
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Equipment
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Water resource management
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Dairy production
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
Promoting world class knowledge to British dairy farmers so they can profit from a sustainable future.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.