Arable reversion and climate change: Humberhead Peatlands case study (TIN109)
Year of Publication2012
This is one of a series of notes explaining how land management can contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation. TIN107 Environmental Stewardship and climate change mitigation explains how Environmental Stewardship (ES) options can be used to reduce the scale of climate change. This note and TIN108 provide case studies highlighting different aspects of land management to address both mitigation and adaptation. These notes have been written for advisers and farmers working on ES and other environmental land management initiatives.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Soil management
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Carbon Capture & Storage
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
Additional keywords/tagsenvironmental stewardshipes
Natural England works for people, places and nature to conserve and enhance biodiversity, landscapes and wildlife in rural, urban, coastal and marine areas.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.