Protecting water from agricultural run-off: water retention measures (TIN099)
Guidance on various types of soft engineering works that can help retain agricultural run-off water and advises on how Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) can help fund these.
Year of Publication2011
Water retention measures protect watercourses from pollution and can help prevent flooding incidents and silt being deposited on roads and in ditches. They may also provide opportunities for wildlife. This note has been written for farmers and land management advisers. It provides guidance on various types of soft engineering works that can help retain water and advises on how Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) can help fund these.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Soil management
- Subject Collection > Soils & water
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
Additional keywords/tagsstewardshipsiltrun offhlsdrainage
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.