Agriculture and Climate Change
Section 11 of the FWAG Farm Conservation Guide for farmers and land managers - on the opportunities and challenges that climate change presents to agriculture.
Year of Publication2009
Information on future climate scenarios for the UK and agriculture's contribution to greenhouse gas emmissions. Measures are considered for agriculture to play its part in mitigation and adaptation - including resource efficiency, energy efficiency and the production of renewable energy and carbon sequestration. This is a chapter from a comprehensive practical conservation guide produced by FWAG. The complete guide (printed and bound) may be purchased by contacting FWAG.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Non-biological resource technologies
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Soils & water
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
Additional keywords/tagsmethanewind energysolar energynitrous oxidehydro powerwoodfuelfarming futurescarbon dioxidecampaign for the farmed environmentanaerobic digestionadfwag farm conservation guide
Providing farmers, landowners and others with the best opportunity for environmental gain through cost effective, quality solutionsWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.