Uk rural policy
UK rural policy is addressed largely at a provincial level through government bodies within the various provinces.
In England, theDefra rural policy team's role is to ensure government has a good understanding of rural circumstances and to promote rural interests within mainstream national, regional and local policy-making and delivery. It is seen as the responsibility ofallparts of Government to ensure that the needs and interests of rural people, businesses and communities are addressed effectively,
In Scotland, theScottish Government's aim is to promote development in rural areas and empower communities through its Scotland Rural Development Programme (SRDP), a programme of economic, environmental and social measures designed to develop rural Scotland, asan integral part of the country's economy, environment and culture.
In Wales, the Welsh Assembly Government uses itsRural Development Plan as the mechanism through which todeliver activities which support the countryside and rural communities, thereby encouraging the sustainable management of agriculture and the environment.
In Northern Ireland, the Rural Development Division (RDD) of the Department for Agriculture and Rural Development exists to implement EU and Government rural development policies and programmes with the aim of achieving a sustainable rural community. Through management of EU and Government rural funding programmes, the division contributes to DARD's strategic goals of strengthening the social and economic infrastructure of rural areas, developing a more sustainable environment and improving the performance of farm businesses in the market place.
A sample of Items held in the Uk rural policy category
- 1500: Economics of benefits of the environment - health
- 1623: Rural amenities and house prices
- Lost in Translation: Assessing knowledge sources, exchange and effectiveness in animal disease control
- 1259: Protecting countryside users against zoonotic diseases
- Review of the Rural White Paper Chapter 3: A working countryside
- 1775: Encouraging catchment based water quality improvement
- 1135: Affordable housing study
- 1955: A greying countryside
- 847: Uplands and other less favoured areas - Farm practices survey 2009
- 881: Andersons Agribrief - August 09
There are currently no subcategories in the Uk rural policy section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.