European rural policy
Rural policies throughout the continent of Europe are strongly subjected to the aligning influence of the European Union, for example through rural aspects of the EU Regional and Cohesion Policy, the evolving Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), and LEADER schemes.
As the EU absorbs the effects of enlargement, the Second Pillar of CAP reform strives to improve economic prosperity, social progress and environmental protection on a pan-European scale.
A sample of Items held in the European rural policy category
- 1640: Feeding the future – innovation consultation
- 1803: CAP Reform Update
- 1717: AgriChatUK - "What future for Upland farms?" discussion 21/03/13
- 1392: Farming Regulation Taskforce - Defra’s Interim Response
- 1058: Impacts of removing farm support
- 1973: Farming and EU elections
- Czech Agriculture in the Post Communist Period: the story so far
- 2024: Sustainable intensification of European agriculture
- 1098: A New Pact for Europe - a French view of CAP post 2014
- 1177: Common Agricultural Policy Post – 2013
There are currently no subcategories in the European rural policy section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.