European rural policy
Rural policies throughout the continent of Europe are strongly subjected to the aligning influence of the European Union, for example through rural aspects of the EU Regional and Cohesion Policy, the evolving Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), and LEADER schemes.
As the EU absorbs the effects of enlargement, the Second Pillar of CAP reform strives to improve economic prosperity, social progress and environmental protection on a pan-European scale.
A sample of Items held in the European rural policy category
- 1803: CAP Reform Update
- 1972: Anderson’s AgriBrief – April 2014
- 1878: CAP Reform consultation
- 1463: Anderson’s AgriBrief February 2012
- 1071: Andersons Agribrief Bulletin June 2010
- 2074: Anderson’s AgriBrief – October 2014
- 1305: Helping older farmers to retire
- 68. The role of research in food and nutrition security
- 1198: Shaping the Nature of England
- Farming & Rural Vitality: Connections in the Enlarging EU
There are currently no subcategories in the European rural policy section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.