European rural policy
Rural policies throughout the continent of Europe are strongly subjected to the aligning influence of the European Union, for example through rural aspects of the EU Regional and Cohesion Policy, the evolving Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), and LEADER schemes.
As the EU absorbs the effects of enlargement, the Second Pillar of CAP reform strives to improve economic prosperity, social progress and environmental protection on a pan-European scale.
A sample of Items held in the European rural policy category
- 1878: CAP Reform consultation
- 2018: RDPE: outline of new programme
- 1973: Farming and EU elections
- 1477: Entry-level agri-environment schemes in the EU
- 1085: Review of the Rural Payments Agency
- 2137: Rural Business
- 1361: Rural disadvantage?
- 2321: Winning the benefits of science-based innovation
- Looking in with interest
- The Centre of Rural Excellence – Vision into Practice
There are currently no subcategories in the European rural policy section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.