1543: Anderson’s AgriBrief June 2012
The contents of this paper have been selected from this month’s Andersons Agribrief Bulletin. The full Bulletin covers more ground than this and contains more detail on the subjects summarise here.
Year of Publication2012
Changes to Environmental Stewardship include five new options, changes to the points value of existing options and the removal of one Uplands option. Though Feed In Tariffs for solar energy are set to continue to fall, the cost of the technology is also falling. Solar energy remains a good investment especially for intensive livestock producers who use a lot of electricity during the summer months. Ten EU Member States have still not complied with the EU ban on battery cages for laying hens but the EU expects most Member States to be compliant with the sow stall ban which comes into force at the beginning of 2013.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > European rural policy
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > Economic development
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
- Subject Collection > Business > Economics & Finance
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.