European rural policy
Rural policies throughout the continent of Europe are strongly subjected to the aligning influence of the European Union, for example through rural aspects of the EU Regional and Cohesion Policy, the evolving Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), and LEADER schemes.
As the EU absorbs the effects of enlargement, the Second Pillar of CAP reform strives to improve economic prosperity, social progress and environmental protection on a pan-European scale.
A sample of Items held in the European rural policy category
- 1786: Anderson’s AgriBrief – June 2013
- 1965: Christian pointers to the future of UK farming
- 1848: Anderson’s AgriBrief – September2013
- 1459: Know More Or Eat Less
- Livestock and rural development policies in the EU: some emerging issues and developments
- 2054: Anderson’s AgriBrief – September 2014
- 1283: Biofuels: ethical issues
- 2137: Rural Business
- 1191: A successful community shop
- 1203: CLA Report on the Uplands
There are currently no subcategories in the European rural policy section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.