Sustainable uplands: re-shaping land use policy for our hills
A Relu Policy and Practice Note (No. 14) that summarises a research project investigating land use policies that will shape our upland landscapes in the future.
Year of Publication2010
UK uplands provide a multitude of functions and services that are essential to our daily life. Now that they are subject to an unprecedented range of forces, including climate change, it is vital to understand how the hills will respond and adapt to future pressures. How can policymakers address an uncertain future for upland areas?
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > Economic development
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
Additional keywords/tagsstakeholder engagementuplands
Harnessing the social and natural sciences for sustainable rural developmentWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.