Solar parks: maximising environmental benefits (TIN101)
Summary advice on solar parks aiming to help developers and landowners maximise environmental benefit and avoid the risk of environmental damage.
Year of Publication2011
This information note pulls together a summary of advice relating to solar parks, their siting, their potential impacts and mitigation requirements for the safeguarding of the natural environment and the opportunities there may be for financial support through environmental stewardship. The aim is to help developers and landowners consider how they might maximise the environmental benefits of a solar park whilst avoiding or minimising the risk of damaging environmental features.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Non-biological resource technologies
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Wildlife & biodiversity
Additional keywords/tagsstewardshipsolar energycross complianceagri environment shemes
Natural England works for people, places and nature to conserve and enhance biodiversity, landscapes and wildlife in rural, urban, coastal and marine areas.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.