1366: Renewable energy options for farmers
This paper has been produced by Farm Renewable Energy Options a consortium of agricultural consultants
Year of Publication2011
There are plenty of opportunities for farmers to earn money from generating renewable energy, sometimes without the need to divert any land from growing food crops. The energy generated can be used to reduce electricity and heating bills on the farm, or it can be sold – either to the national grid or privately in the form of chipwood / pellets or as heat to neighbouring developments.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wastes management & pollution control
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Non-biological resource technologies
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Fossil Fuel Substitution
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
RuSource Briefings is a free rural information service for anyone working in the countrysideWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.