695: The land use challenge
This paper is summarised from ‘Rising to the land-use challenge: issues for policy-makers’, a discussion paper prepared by Vicki Swales and Alan Woods for the Rural Economy and Land Use Programme
Year of Publication2008
This discussion paper asks for views on how do we can achieve more democratic decision making and build policies to manage the complex and changing demands we make on our land and water resources and how can we incorporate climate change into the mix.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > Economic development
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
RuSource Briefings is a free rural information service for anyone working in the countrysideWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.