The OpenFields library holds resources on sheep production practices, including:
- off-wintering systems
- shepherding techniques
- sheep dipping
- wool production
- sheep breeds
Sheep health and welfare
- anthelmintic resistance
- worm management
- scald and footrot
- sheep scab
- ectoparasite problems
- tail docking
- lamb castration
- lamb mortality
Sheep production waste and environmental management
OpenFields brings together authoritative information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Sheep production category
- The trace element and humoral immune response of lambs administered a zinc, cobalt and selenium soluble glass bolus
- Conjugated linoleic acid-induced milk fat depression in lactating ewes is accompanied by reduced expression of mammary genes involved in lipid synthesis
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
- 1022: Does sheep dipping have a future?
- Rhan coed mewn ffermio defaid (The role of trees in sheep farming)
- 1234: Farming in the uplands
- 2377: Sheep and cattle could be enclosed by virtual fences
- Dietary manipulation of fatty acid composition in lamb and its effect on the volatile aroma compounds of grilled lamb
- Effects of dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, breed and dietary vitamin E on the fatty acids of lamb muscle, liver and adipose tissue
There are currently no subcategories in the Sheep production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.