The OpenFields library holds resources on sheep production practices, including:
- off-wintering systems
- shepherding techniques
- sheep dipping
- wool production
- sheep breeds
Sheep health and welfare
- anthelmintic resistance
- worm management
- scald and footrot
- sheep scab
- ectoparasite problems
- tail docking
- lamb castration
- lamb mortality
Sheep production waste and environmental management
OpenFields brings together authoritative information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Sheep production category
- A supplement containing trans-10, cis-17 conjugated linoleic acid reduces milk fat yield but does not alter organ weight or body fat deposition in lactating ewes.
- Matching forage supply with demand
- 1647: Reducing methane emissions from sheep
- 1263: Suitability of alternative bedding materials for animals
- Sheep EID: Replacements and upgrading
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to a calculator model for comparing different footrot treatment costs in breeding ewes.
- 1795: Vitamin E is key to longer shelf life for lamb meat
- 1178: The Halal market for sheepmeat
- 1888: High Sugar Grasses
- Focus on beef and sheep
- 1072: Hill farming
There are currently no subcategories in the Sheep production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.