The OpenFields library holds resources on sheep production practices, including:
- off-wintering systems
- shepherding techniques
- sheep dipping
- wool production
- sheep breeds
Sheep health and welfare
- anthelmintic resistance
- worm management
- scald and footrot
- sheep scab
- ectoparasite problems
- tail docking
- lamb castration
- lamb mortality
Sheep production waste and environmental management
OpenFields brings together authoritative information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Sheep production category
- 2303: All Winter Grazing for Sheep
- Can studying grazing behaviour help production and welfare?
- 1880: Herbal leys set to rejuvenate arable land
- The trace element and humoral immune response of lambs administered a zinc, cobalt and selenium soluble glass bolus
- 1120: The economic value of improved beef and sheep breeding
- Effect of vitamin E supplementation and diet on meat colour and lipid oxidation of lamb leg steaks displayed in modified atmosphere packs
- Bluetongue: Why farmers can't afford to be complacent in 2009
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
- Briefing 2369: About Bluetongue
- 1140: Feeding maize silage to lambs
- 1160: The world lamb market
There are currently no subcategories in the Sheep production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.