The OpenFields library holds resources on sheep production practices, including:
- off-wintering systems
- shepherding techniques
- sheep dipping
- wool production
- sheep breeds
Sheep health and welfare
- anthelmintic resistance
- worm management
- scald and footrot
- sheep scab
- ectoparasite problems
- tail docking
- lamb castration
- lamb mortality
Sheep production waste and environmental management
OpenFields brings together authoritative information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Sheep production category
- Worming sheep best practice and Cumbria anthelminthic resistance trial
- 1836: AgriChatUK - "Working dogs" discussion 05/09/13
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- Effects of starch level and forage particle length on the performance, milk fatty acid profile and production of trans-10, cis-12 conjugated linoleic acid in dairy ewes
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
- Forage type and copper metabolism: improving sheep health and wool quality?
- Which way UK sheep farming?
- The role of trees in sheep farming
- 1120: The economic value of improved beef and sheep breeding
- The effect of sire breed on colostrum production of crossbred ewes
There are currently no subcategories in the Sheep production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.