Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Effect of Wheat Cultivar and Xylanase Supplementation on Broiler Performance, Nutrient Digestibility and Litter Quality
- The effects of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary true metabiolisable energy, nutrient digestibility and endogenous losses in precision fed turkeys.
- 1556: Feed prices cause hardship for intensive livestock
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- The Future Challenges Facing the UK Egg Industry
- Quantifying hungry broiler breeder preferences using a closed economy T-maze task.
- Can corn-fed chicken be identified using a carbon isotope?
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- 1035: Poultry Production
- Can altering dietary protein in broiler diets reduce necrotic enteritis?
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.