Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Effect of trypsin inhibitor activity in soya bean on growth performance, protein digestibility and incidence of sub-clinical necrotic enteritis in broiler chicken flocks.
- Quantifying hungry broiler breeder preferences using a closed economy T-maze task.
- Conditioned place preference: a tool to determine hungry broiler preferences.
- The effect of microbial phytase on dietary energy, N and mineral metabolism when maize/soybean diets are fed to laying hens
- Principles of Bio-security (Chapter 1B)
- Energy utilization and growth performance of chicken led diets containing graded levels of supplementary bacterial phytase
- 1413: Poultry – a look at the last year
- 40: Super-dosing poultry diets with the enzyme phytase could make rapeseed meal a low cost alternative to soya
- Efficiency of utilisation of metabolisable energy for carcass energy retention in broiler chickens fed different wheat cultivars
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.