Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Extensive Poultry Production
- 1921: Poultry AgriChatUK discussion, 6th February 2014
- 1744: Farm animal genetic resources
- Effects of composted vegetable waste as soil medium in free-laying hens’ production systems on birds’ behaviour, soil structure, grass cover and nematode population.
- Climate change series: Focus on poultry
- Tree planting for free range poultry
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- 148. Gut health in poultry: the world within
- Shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal as a feed ingredient for poultry
- The ability of domestic hens to jump between perches: effects of light intensity and perch colour
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.