Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- The effect of amylose:amylopectin ratio in dietary starch on growth performance and gut morphology in broiler chickens.
- The effect of dietary crude protein and potassium on water intake and excretion by turkeys
- The effects of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary energy and total tract amino acid digestibility when fed to young chickens.
- Interaction between dietary phytase and phytic acid: effect on broiler performance and endogenous losses.
- Principles of Bio-security (Chapter 1A)
- 1744: Farm animal genetic resources
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Mycoplasma gallisepticum costs in laying hens: a control costs calculator model
- 15. A machine to reduce flooding
- Can altering dietary protein in broiler diets reduce necrotic enteritis?
- Rapid tests of wheat nutritive value for growing chickens
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.