Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Quantifying hungry broiler breeder preferences using a closed economy T-maze task.
- The use of conditioned place preference to determine broiler preferences for quantitative or qualitative dietary restriction
- 1743: UK livestock production
- The effect on performance, energy metabolism and hepatic carotenoid content when phytase supplemented diets were fed to broiler chickens.
- The Egg Grading Facility
- 2128 Poultry – perceptions and pressures
- Growth performance of broiler chickens fed diets containing shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa, Gaertn.) meal fermented with Aspergillus niger
- 134. New NDV-H5Nx avian influenza vaccine has potential for mass vaccination of poultry
- Shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal as a feed ingredient for poultry
- The ability of domestic hens to jump between perches: effects of light intensity and perch colour
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.