Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Care Farming UK Case Study: Happy Hens, Derbyshire
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- Meat Geese - Seasonal Production
- The use of stable carbon isotopes to authenticate claims that poultry have been corn-fed.
- The Egg Grading Facility
- Consumer defined dimensions of egg quality
- Effects of fungal (Aspergillus niger or Ceriporiopsis subvermispora) fermentation on the nutritive value of shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal for broiler chicks
- 2235: No antibiotics ever – an option for the UK broiler industry?
- The efficiency of energy retention of broiler chickens and turkeys fed on diets with different lysine concentrations
- The Importance of Research and Development in Supporting a Future UK Role in an Expanding Global Poultry Industry
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.