Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- The effect of dietary crude protein and potassium on water intake and excretion by turkeys
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- Extensive Poultry Production
- The effect of dietary xylanase on energy, amino acid and mineral metabolism and egg production and quality in laying hens.
- Three Ways to Improve your Bio-security (Chapter 3)
- Detecting Campylobacter: developing a rapid test for the poultry industry
- Effect of lighting regime on the response of broiler chickens to dietary phytase
- Dietary essential oils improve the hepatic anti-oxidative status of broiler chickens
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- Apparent metabolisable energy and digestibility of shea (Vitellaria paradoxa) fat, coca (Theobroma cacao) fat and soybean oil in broiler chickens
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.