Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Too hungry to learn? Hungry broiler breeders fail to learn a Y maze food quantity discrimination task.
- The effect of dietary nutrient density on litter quality in turkey production.
- The effects of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary energy and total tract amino acid digestibility when fed to young chickens.
- Interaction between dietary phytase and phytic acid: effect on broiler performance and endogenous losses.
- Principles of Bio-security (Chapter 1A)
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Coccidiosis costs in broilers: a control costs and benefits calculator model
- 15. A machine to reduce flooding
- Can altering dietary protein in broiler diets reduce necrotic enteritis?
- Effect of dietary protein concentrates on the incidence of sub-clinical necrotic enteritis and growth performance of broiler chickens
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.