Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- The effect of dietary nutrient density on litter quality in turkey production.
- The nutrient availability of processed Jatropha curcas kernel meal for broiler chickens
- Turkeys - Seasonal Production
- The use of stable carbon isotopes to authenticate claims that poultry have been corn-fed.
- The Egg Grading Facility
- 2076: Does the broiler industry need to change to feed an increasing population?
- Metabolizable energy in different shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal samples for broiler chickens
- Dietary essential oils improve the hepatic anti-oxidative status of broiler chickens
- The efficiency of energy retention of broiler chickens and turkeys fed on diets with different lysine concentrations
- The Importance of Research and Development in Supporting a Future UK Role in an Expanding Global Poultry Industry
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.