Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Climate change series: Focus on poultry
- 169. Comparison of Incandescent, CFL, LED and Bird Level LED Lighting: Growth, Fear and Stress
- Energy utilization and growth performance of chicken led diets containing graded levels of supplementary bacterial phytase
- Detecting Campylobacter: developing a rapid test for the poultry industry
- Effects of dietary phytase on performance and nutrient metabolism in chickens
- Hazards, risks and benefits of poultry production with particular reference to animal feedingstuffs
- The effect of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary metabolisable energy, nutrient retention and endogenous losses in precision fed broiler chickens.
- Future trends of poultry science and practice
- Previous exposure to dietary phytase reduces the endogenous energy losses from precision-fed chickens
- The effect of supplemental dietary nucleotides when fed to young chickens, on performance and nutrient utilisation
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.