Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Effect of wheat cultivar, type and xylanase supplementation on Necrotic Enteritis in broilers
- The effect of microbial phytase on dietary metabolisable energy, phytate phosphorous digestibility and egg production in laying hens.
- Too hungry to learn? Hungry broiler breeders fail to learn a Y maze food quantity discrimination task.
- The effect of dietary phytase on the protein and gamma-glutamyl transferase content in blood serum of chickens and turkeys
- The Future Challenges Facing the UK Egg Industry
- Turkeys - Seasonal Production
- Profiting from Animal Welfare: An Animal-Based Perspective
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- Lowering the temperature of hen manure to reduce pollution
- Efficiency of utilisation of metabolisable energy for carcass energy retention in broiler chickens fed different wheat cultivars
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.