Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- The effects of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary energy and total tract amino acid digestibility when fed to young chickens.
- Turkeys - Seasonal Production
- The effect of dietary crude protein and potassium on water intake and excretion by turkeys
- The effect of supplemental dietary nucleotides when fed to young chickens, on performance and nutrient utilisation
- Bio-security - a new Mentality (Chapter 2)
- State-dependent learning: a welfare assessment tool to identify the effects of different diet regimes on hunger state in broiler breeders
- Effect of dietary protein concentrates on the incidence of sub-clinical necrotic enteritis in broiler flocks
- 2088: Avian influenza
- Rapid tests of wheat nutritive value for growing chickens
- The efficiency of energy retention of broiler chickens and turkeys fed on diets with different lysine concentrations
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.