Poultry and egg production
The OpenFields Library holds resources on poultry and egg production including:
- litter management
- poultry housing regulations
- chickens, layers, pullets
- turkeys, ducks, geese, and guinea fowl
- poultry breeds
- poultry rations
- synthetic vitamins
- organic feedstuffs
Poultry health and welfare
- Newcastle disease
- avian influenza (bird flu)
- fowl cholera
- parasitic infections
Poultry production waste and environmental management
- ammonia management
- nutrients from manure
- litter and slurry
- effluent discharges
- environmental regulation
OpenFields brings together authoritative poultry production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Poultry and egg production category
- Effects of composted vegetable waste as soil medium in free-laying hens’ production systems on birds’ behaviour, soil structure, grass cover and nematode population.
- Nutritive value of false yam (lcacina oliviformis) tuber meal for broiler chickens.
- Effect of wheat cultivar, type and xylanase supplementation on Necrotic Enteritis in broilers
- Metabolizable energy in different shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal samples for broiler chickens
- The United Kingdom Poultry Industry as part of the International Food Chain
- Effects of fungal (Aspergillus niger or Ceriporiopsis subvermispora) fermentation on the nutritive value of shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal for broiler chicks
- The effect of dietary crude protein and potassium on water intake and excretion by turkeys
- Compost versus soil for free-range laying hens
- Poultry - Fere Range Egg Production
- Climate change series: Focus on poultry
- Feeding yarrow to assist digestion in broiler chickens
There are currently no subcategories in the Poultry and egg production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.