The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Can commercial pigs demonstrate the ‘when’ aspect of episodic-like memory?
- Woodlands and the SPS
- An Introduction to Pig Keeping
- 1387: Improving Livestock
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 11: Increasing Uniformity of Finished Pigs
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- 1229: Entire male pigs should be housed in mixed-sex groups
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: testing and calibration of an ammonia sensor (Phase 1)
- A milk line supplement for suckling piglets?
- 1032: Pig profits
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.