The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- 79. Environmental stress can cause Porcine CircoVirus Associated Disease (PCVAD)
- 1744: Farm animal genetic resources
- 159. Grass for pigs: Rhizomatous Tall Fescue for resistance to heat, drought & wear
- Reducing protein in pig diets to benefit the environment
- Easy guide 009: Pigs
- Can post-weaning performance affect meat quality in pigs?
- Farm Case Study 30: Green Pig Project
- 2353: Whose welfare? Pig farmer Kate Morgan reflects on the industry
- Periparturient cortisol, acute phase cytokine, and acute phase protein profiles of gilts housed in groups or stalls during gestation
- Factors associated with preweaning mortality on commercial pig farms in England and Wales
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.