The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- 1556: Feed prices cause hardship for intensive livestock
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- 1665: How moving and shaking works
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 7: Factors Affecting Killing-out Percent
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 11: Increasing Uniformity of Finished Pigs
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: testing and calibration of an ammonia sensor (Phase 1)
- Profiting from Animal Welfare: An Animal-Based Perspective
- Effect of different disaccharides on the integrity and fertilising ability of freeze-dried boar spermatozoa: a preliminary study.
- A milk line supplement for suckling piglets?
- Effects of stall or small group gestation housing on the production, health and behaviour of gilts
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.