The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Covering Slurry Stores
- Action for productivity. Factors affecting killing out percentage.
- Advancing Together. A Roadmap for the English Pig Industry
- Pig production from a primary producer’s viewpoint
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 10: Cleaning and Disinfection
- An Introduction to Pig Keeping
- Influence of dietary oils and protein level on pork quality. 2. Effects on properties of fat and processing characteristics of bacon and frankfurter-style sausages
- Resource Efficiency Case Study - Dairy
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 3: Heat Stress (Indoor herds)
- 815: Feeding Britain – pig meat
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.