The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- BPEX Farm Case Study - Nurtinger Intensive Rearing System
- 1256: Some developments in pigs and cattle
- A cohort study of preweaning piglet mortality and farrowing accommodation on 112 commercial pig farms in England
- Easy guide 009: Pigs
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: field evaluation of a multi-channel monitor (Phase 3)
- Ventilation DVD
- Does type of flooring affect stomach ulcers in finishing pigs?
- Postnatal behavioural and physiological responses of piglets from gilts housed individually or in groups during gestation
- Influence of dietary oils and protein level on pork quality. 1. Effects on muscle fatty acid composition, carcass, meat and eating quality
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.