The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- An Introduction to Pig Keeping
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- Woodlands and the SPS
- Commercial Pig Unit Energy Monitoring Project
- Pre-abattoir factors which can cause variation in killing out percent
- A better understanding of phosphorus: stronger, healthier pigs?
- Pig production from a primary producer’s viewpoint
- 79. Environmental stress can cause Porcine CircoVirus Associated Disease (PCVAD)
- 1032: Pig profits
- Savaging behaviour in domestic gilts: a study of seven commercial farms.
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.