The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Covering Slurry Stores
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 1: Regular Worming
- Research Into Action 5 - Lighting for pig units
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: field evaluation of a multi-channel monitor (Phase 3)
- Responses to multiple chain enrichment in post weaned pigs
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 11: Increasing Uniformity of Finished Pigs
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- BPEX Farm Case Study - Nurtinger Intensive Rearing System
- A cohort study of preweaning piglet mortality and farrowing accommodation on 112 commercial pig farms in England
- 1982 Internet of pigs
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.