The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- 2049: Sustainable pig nutrition
- A cohort study of preweaning piglet mortality and farrowing accommodation on 112 commercial pig farms in England
- Scoping Life Cycle Assessment of Pork Production
- Pre-abattoir factors which can cause variation in killing out percent
- Effect of different disaccharides on the integrity and fertilising ability of freeze-dried boar spermatozoa: a preliminary study.
- 1256: Some developments in pigs and cattle
- 2377: Sheep and cattle could be enclosed by virtual fences
- Effects of stall or small group gestation housing on the production, health and behaviour of gilts
- Parturient behaviour and offspring-directed aggression in farmed wild boar of three genetic lines.
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.