The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: field evaluation of a multi-channel monitor (Phase 3)
- Added Value From Pig Manures and Slurries
- Advancing Together. A Roadmap for the English Pig Industry
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 15: Hospital and Recovery Pen Management
- 159. Grass for pigs: Rhizomatous Tall Fescue for resistance to heat, drought & wear
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 10: Cleaning and Disinfection
- Postnatal behavioural and physiological responses of piglets from gilts housed individually or in groups during gestation
- 2461: Assuring pig welfare
- Influence of dietary oils and protein level on pork quality. 2. Effects on properties of fat and processing characteristics of bacon and frankfurter-style sausages
- 1256: Some developments in pigs and cattle
- 1032: Pig profits
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.