The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Can commercial pigs demonstrate the ‘when’ aspect of episodic-like memory?
- Woodlands and the SPS
- Wild Boar Production
- Does type of flooring affect stomach ulcers in finishing pigs?
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 11: Increasing Uniformity of Finished Pigs
- 1834: Welfare and pork systems
- 1229: Entire male pigs should be housed in mixed-sex groups
- A better understanding of phosphorus: stronger, healthier pigs?
- Climate change series: Focus on pigs
- 1032: Pig profits
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.