The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- 2115: Meat insecurity
- 2049: Sustainable pig nutrition
- Scoping Life Cycle Assessment of Pork Production
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 3: Heat Stress (Indoor herds)
- 2370: Liquid feeding systems for pigs
- 1256: Some developments in pigs and cattle
- 1834: Welfare and pork systems
- Effects of stall or small group gestation housing on the production, health and behaviour of gilts
- Parturient behaviour and offspring-directed aggression in farmed wild boar of three genetic lines.
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.