The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Research Into Action 5 - Lighting for pig units
- 1556: Feed prices cause hardship for intensive livestock
- Assessing straw bedding intake in sows and growing pigs
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome costs in finishing pigs: a control costs calculator model
- RSPCA Veterinary Health Plan: Pigs – Guidance notes
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- 1171: British pig production lags behind
- A cohort study of preweaning piglet mortality and farrowing accommodation on 112 commercial pig farms in England
- 815: Feeding Britain – pig meat
- Climate change series: Focus on pigs
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.