The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Pigs in woodland management
- 1940: Eight strategies for efficient and sustainable livestock farming
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- Soil Management Plan for outside pig keepers
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 3: Heat Stress (Indoor herds)
- Risks associated with preweaning mortality in 855 litters on 39 commercial outdoor pig farms in England
- Innovation in the Pig Supply Chain
- 2353: Whose welfare? Pig farmer Kate Morgan reflects on the industry
- 1032: Pig profits
- Savaging behaviour in domestic gilts: a study of seven commercial farms.
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.