The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Action for productivity. Factors affecting killing out percentage.
- 1665: How moving and shaking works
- Reducing protein in pig diets to benefit the environment
- Fallen livestock disposal in Britain: farmers' views
- Pigs: Action for Productivity No 6: Enzootic Pneumonia
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- 1209: Continuous monitoring during transport is essential for assessing stress in pigs and sheep
- 1982 Internet of pigs
- Climate change series: Focus on pigs
- A milk line supplement for suckling piglets?
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.