The OpenFields library holds resources on pig production practices, including:
- outdoor and indoor housing
- pig feed and straw management
- boar, sow and gilt management
- pig breeds
- artificial insemination
Pig health and welfare
- piglet survival
- porcine respiratory disease
- swine fever
- swine dysentery
- enzootic pneumonia
- papular dermatitis
Pig production waste and environmental management
- effluent, manure and slurry management
OpenFields brings together authoritative pig production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Pig production category
- Added Value From Pig Manures and Slurries
- Wild Boar Production
- Responses to multiple chain enrichment in post weaned pigs
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to enzootic pneumonia control costs in finishing pigs: a control costs and benefits calculator model
- RSPCA Veterinary Health Plan: Pigs – Guidance notes
- 1743: UK livestock production
- Can post-weaning performance affect meat quality in pigs?
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- Easy guide 009: Pigs
- Climate change series: Focus on pigs
There are currently no subcategories in the Pig production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.