Minority species as livestock
Some livestock farmers have diversified recently into the rearing of species not indigenous to the UK, including Asian water buffalo, North American bison, ostrich and camelids, or rearing species indigenous in historic times, such as wild boar and deer.
The Openfields library holds resources on raising minority species as livestock, including:
- Wild boar
- Llamas and alpacas
OpenFields brings together authoritative minority farmed species information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Minority species as livestock category
- An Introduction to Dairy Sheep
- Extensive Poultry Production
- Goats – internal parasite control
- Lowland deer: low input systems for venison production - MS0312
- Feld Vegetable Production – an introduction
- An Introduction to Dairy Goats
- 2058: Breeding structure of the sheep industry
- UK rabbit meat market: is there potential to develop?
- Farm animal genetic resources: safeguarding national livestock biodiversity
There are currently no subcategories in the Minority species as livestock section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.