The use of lime on semi-natural grassland in agri-environment schemes (TIN045)
A technical note providing guidance on the use of lime on semi-natural grasslands.
Year of Publication2011
Edition 3 of Technical Information Note 045.Soil pH is an important factor influencing the species composition of semi-natural grassland. Soil pH is controlled by geology, rainfall, soil texture and management practices. The maintenance and restoration of the biodiversity value of species-rich neutral grassland and some types of fen meadows on soils prone to acidity through leaching is dependent on the periodic application of lime. This note provides guidance on the use of lime on semi-natural grasslands.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wastes management & pollution control
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Grassland management
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Soil management
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Soils & water
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.