The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Lowland calcareous grassland
- Promoting Habitat Mosaics for Invertebrates: Lowland heathland
- Managing farmland habitats for invertebrates: Hedgerows and Cereal Field Margins
- 1880: Herbal leys set to rejuvenate arable land
- 1131: Fences could help clean up water courses
- Creating a butterfly bank
- 1630: Grass roots and soil
- Woodland Management for Butterflies and Moths: A Best Practice Guide - Part 1
- 1460: Continuous housing of dairy cows
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.