The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Grazed Grass Quality
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- Argentine stem weevil; Listronotus bonariensis (Kuschel)
- The use of lime on semi-natural grassland in agri-environment schemes (TIN045)
- Reseeding pasture for horses
- 16. Algae research gives hope for renewable carbon-negative source of food and medicines
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
- 1964: Strategic fertiliser planning case study
- 1062: Climate change: solutions from the grassland sector
- Successive annual applications of organic manures for cut grass: short-term observations on utilisation of manure nitrogen
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.