The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- 2112: Diverse legumes and grass mixtures for forage production and grazing
- Dock control
- 71. The first cut forage gap
- Upland hay meadows
- 1460: Continuous housing of dairy cows
- 118. Challenges for lamb meat quality from organic and grassland based systems
- 6. Farm platform at NorthWyke to develop grasses which will absorb more water and help flooding
- 167. Electric fencing for sheep and cattle
- 1565: Bracken Control - response to the ban on Asulam
- The use of lime on semi-natural grassland in agri-environment schemes (TIN045)
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.