The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Upland hay meadows
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 4: Agri-environment schemes in England
- Promoting Habitat Mosaics for Invertebrates: Chalk downland
- 10. Do you need to check the sulphur status of your grassland?
- 1234: Farming in the uplands
- Creating scrapes for butterflies & moths
- Taking Stock: Shared knowledge in action
- Does excess lime adversely affect growing grass?
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.