The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Field traffic intensity for forage harvesting in the UK
- Creating a butterfly bank
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 1: An important habitat for invertebrates
- 16. Algae research gives hope for renewable carbon-negative source of food and medicines
- 1234: Farming in the uplands
- Common Land and Agriculture
- Matching forage supply with demand
- Sward enhancement: selection of suitable sites (TIN061)
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
- Improving pasture for Better Returns
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.