The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Promoting Habitat Mosaics for Invertebrates: Lowland heathland
- Butterflies and Farmland
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 3: Management for invertebrates
- 15. A machine to reduce flooding
- 1234: Farming in the uplands
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 5: Management for invertebrates
- Taking Stock: Shared knowledge in action
- Effects of livestock breed and rearing experience on foraging behaviour of yearling beef cattle grazing unimproved grasslands.
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- Improving pasture for Better Returns
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.