The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- 2080: Sustainable milk production: the vital role of soil for feed integrity
- 2110: Nitrogen fertiliser: the fallen hero of agriculture
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 4: Agri-environment schemes in England
- 1565: Bracken Control - response to the ban on Asulam
- 103. Managing herbal leys
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 1: An important habitat for invertebrates
- 167. Electric fencing for sheep and cattle
- Improving pasture for Better Returns
- 2303: All Winter Grazing for Sheep
- 159. Grass for pigs: Rhizomatous Tall Fescue for resistance to heat, drought & wear
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.