1565: Bracken Control - response to the ban on Asulam
This briefing had been prepared by Simon Thorp of the Bracken Control Group
Year of Publication2012
Asulam is the only selective product for bracken control. It has been banned by the EU, though existing stocks can be used until the end of this year. An Emergency Authorisation will be applied for by the Bracken Control Group and, if successful this will be updated annually until the manufacturers have re-registered it.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Sheep production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Animal health & welfare
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Grassland management
RuSource Briefings is a free rural information service for anyone working in the countrysideWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.