The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Lowland wood pastures and parklands
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 2: Creation and restoration for invertebrates
- Promoting Habitat Mosaics for Invertebrates: Wood pasture and other veteran tree sites
- 6. Farm platform at NorthWyke to develop grasses which will absorb more water and help flooding
- 1234: Farming in the uplands
- 2083: Managing beef and lamb production
- 1641: Are mob grazed cattle the perfect arable break?
- 2110: Nitrogen fertiliser: the fallen hero of agriculture
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.