The OpenFields library holds resources about the management, production and utilisation of grass for livestock. This covers species mix, sward management, and grazing systems, but excludes the production of silage or hay for use as a winter fodder.
OpenFields brings together authoritative grassland management information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Grassland management category
- Promoting Habitat Mosaics for Invertebrates: Wood pasture and other veteran tree sites
- Goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea)
- Grazing Marsh Ditches - Sheet 2: Creation and restoration for invertebrates
- 16. Algae research gives hope for renewable carbon-negative source of food and medicines
- 1244: Soil Science
- Can soil aeration of pastures help alleviate soil compaction?
- Grazed Grass Quality
- 2160: What role for sustainable grazing livestock?
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
- Improving soils for Better Returns
There are currently no subcategories in the Grassland management section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.