Forage crops and other feed
The OpenFields library holds resources about the production and utilisation of forage crops. This includes, hay, silage, wholecrop and other livestock feeds, and also silage management.
OpenFields brings together authoritative forage crop information sources from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Forage crops and other feed category
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- The motivation of dairy cows for access to pasture.
- Whole-crop pea silage for lambs
- Effects of starch level and forage particle length on the performance, milk fatty acid profile and production of trans-10, cis-12 conjugated linoleic acid in dairy ewes
- The efficiency of energy retention of broiler chickens and turkeys fed on diets with different lysine concentrations
- 2073: Insect meal as animal feed
- Bull beef: increasing dietary protein reduces gross margins
- 72. Building Carbon in farm soils
- The effects of processing at harvest and cutting height of urea-treated whole-crop wheat on performance and digestibility in dairy cows
- Effects of crop maturity and cutting height on the nutritive value of fermented whole crop wheat and milk production on dairy cows
There are currently no subcategories in the Forage crops and other feed section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.