Forage crops and other feed
The OpenFields library holds resources about the production and utilisation of forage crops. This includes, hay, silage, wholecrop and other livestock feeds, and also silage management.
OpenFields brings together authoritative forage crop information sources from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Forage crops and other feed category
- Out-wintering on Fodder Crops
- Out-wintering replacement dairy heifers: performance on a high-output dairy farm
- 2383: Top 10 tips to optimise big bale silage quality
- Pasture access increases dairy cow milk yield but preference for pasture is not affected by herbage allowance
- Energy and amino acid availability to chickens of waxy wheat
- Improving the nutritive value of forage legumes for high yielding dairy cows
- Dairy-bred calf weaning: abrupt or gradual?
- Effect of rate of inclusion of grass and maize silage fed without or with copper antagonists on the performance and indicators of copper status in dairy cows
- Crimped maize-grain diets improve beef performance
- Physico-chemical composition and nutritional value of UK wheat cultivars exhibiting a wide range of hardness
- Effect of whole-crop pea (Pisum sativum L.) silages differing in condensed tannin content as a substitute for grass silage and soybean meal on the performance, metabolism, and carcass characteristics of lambs.
There are currently no subcategories in the Forage crops and other feed section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.