Forage crops and other feed
The OpenFields library holds resources about the production and utilisation of forage crops. This includes, hay, silage, wholecrop and other livestock feeds, and also silage management.
OpenFields brings together authoritative forage crop information sources from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Forage crops and other feed category
- The metabolisable energy for chickens of highly characterised wheat samples.
- Naked Oats
- Effect of concentrate feed level on the performance of maize silage fed bulls
- Pellet size of early-weaning concentrate & calf performance
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- Effect of dietary fat source and breed on the carcass composition, n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid and conjugated linoleic acid content of sheep meat and adipose tissue
- Case Study No. 17: Climate change series; Focus on efficient nutrient use
- Effects of inclusion of whole-crop pea silages differing in their tannin content on the performance of dairy cows fed high or low protein concentrate
- Shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal as a feed ingredient for poultry
There are currently no subcategories in the Forage crops and other feed section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.