Livestock and dairy
The OpenFields library holds resources about animal husbandry, covering animal science, stockbreeding, dairy production, and the domestication, breeding and raising of livestock.
- Grassland management for livestock - species mix, sward management, grazing systems
- Forage crops and other livestock feed hay, silage management, wholecrop
- Beef production - cattle breeding, management, nutrition, health and welfare, manure management
- Dairy production dairy cattle breeding, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, housing and parlour management, energy from waste
- Pig production breeding, management, housing, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, energy from waste
- Poultry and Egg Production types, breeds, housing, management, nutrition, health and welfare, production waste
- Sheep production breeding, management, health and welfare, dipping and other wastes
- Minority species as livestock - deer, camelids, buffalo, ostrich, ducks, geese
- Animal health and welfare disease prevention and management, biosecurity, transportation, slaughter
- Veterinary practice working practices, veterinary nursing, disease management and prevention
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on livestock and dairy practices from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Livestock and dairy category
- 1017: The story of phosphorus
- 1244: Soil Science
- Managing E.coli O157 disease risk in the British countryside
- Replacing protein in the diets of dairy cows with whole-crop pea silage
- Dairy cow choice for eating in or out: the effect of feeding outdoor rations
- Food, land and greenhouse gases: The effect of changes in UK food consumption on land requirements and greenhouse gas emissions
- Choosing bulls to breed for Better Returns
- Analysing forage for winter feeding
- Targeting changes that bring results
Subcategories within Livestock and dairy
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.