Livestock and dairy
The OpenFields library holds resources about animal husbandry, covering animal science, stockbreeding, dairy production, and the domestication, breeding and raising of livestock.
- Grassland management for livestock - species mix, sward management, grazing systems
- Forage crops and other livestock feed hay, silage management, wholecrop
- Beef production - cattle breeding, management, nutrition, health and welfare, manure management
- Dairy production dairy cattle breeding, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, housing and parlour management, energy from waste
- Pig production breeding, management, housing, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, energy from waste
- Poultry and Egg Production types, breeds, housing, management, nutrition, health and welfare, production waste
- Sheep production breeding, management, health and welfare, dipping and other wastes
- Minority species as livestock - deer, camelids, buffalo, ostrich, ducks, geese
- Animal health and welfare disease prevention and management, biosecurity, transportation, slaughter
- Veterinary practice working practices, veterinary nursing, disease management and prevention
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on livestock and dairy practices from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Livestock and dairy category
- Improving suckler cow fertility
- 27: Genomics - a new dawn
- Sheep Scab or Lice, can you afford to guess?
- Energy efficiency on farm – a practical guide
- Easy guide: 898: Why farming matters more than ever – the challenge
- 74. Use of insects in animal feed seen as favourable by farmers, sector and consumers
- Farm animal genetic resources: safeguarding national livestock biodiversity
- An enzyme to improve the feeing value of field beans in a broiler diet?
- 1005:Food Security: The Challenge of Feeding 9 Billion People
- The use of a foam-based footbath to control lameness in dairy cows
Subcategories within Livestock and dairy
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.