Factsheet 1. Efficient Milk Production - Greenhouse gases and their effect on our climate
A factsheet which looks at what effect the earth is getting warmer has on crop and livestock production.
Year of Publication2010
There is some debate as to the scale of the increase in temperature, most scientists believe that this is the result of an accumulation of a number of gases, the so-called greenhouse gases in the earth's atmosphere. Changes in our climate will have a direct effect on crop and livestock production in the UK, but there are things we can do now to help minimise the change in our climate.This leaflet provides background information on the three gases that are most directly affected by agriculture, namely methane, nitrous oxide (and ammonia) and carbon dioxide.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Dairy production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.