The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- An Introduction to Dairy Goats
- Briefing 1733: Bolus could provide an early warning system of deterioration in cow health
- Transition cow management
- Energy efficiency on farm – a practical guide
- 1033: Dairy greenhouse gases
- 1889: How to succeed in dairy farming
- 1339: Consultation on badger control
- Effect of inorganic or organic copper fed without or with added sulphur and molybdenum on the performance, indicators of copper status, and hepatic mRNA in dairy cows.
- Effects of crop maturity and cutting height on the nutritive value of fermented whole crop wheat and milk production on dairy cows
- Whole-crop wheat for dairy cows: optimum proportion to replace grass silage
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.