The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- 2267: Changes in the dairy industry benefit cattle health and consumers
- 1818: Livestock and climate change
- 137. EU dairy industry outlook following the abolition of milk quotas
- The effect of locomotion score and foot lesions on kinematic measures of gait in dairy cattle.
- The dairy unit at Harper Adams
- 1124: Bleeding Calf Syndrome
- Can we beat bTB in the North West?
- Developing and integrating sensor technology to improve dairy cow health and welfare
- A network model of E. coli O157 transmission within a typical UK dairy herd: the effect of heterogeneity and clustering on the prevalence of infection
- Eliminative behaviour of high and low yield dairy cows at pasture.
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.