The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- Case Study No. 30: Focus on soil management; James Barbour
- 2: Gender of cow's foetus affects milk production
- Elaboration of basic methods for automatic analysis of cows’ gait.
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
- 2060: Avoiding respiratory problems in winter housed cattle
- A Desktop Review of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- 91. Efficiency is key to minimising the carbon footprint of milk production
- TB, Cattle and Badgers
- 1219: More concentrated copper sulphate solution reduces digital dermatitis when levels are very high
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.