The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- 1888: High Sugar Grasses
- 49. Using lucerne in the GB dairy industry
- 34: Case study - tackling a persistent TB breakdown
- Impact of lameness on gait characteristics and lying behaviour of zero grazed dairy cattle in early lactation
- Effects of inclusion of whole-crop pea silages differing in their tannin content on the performance of dairy cows fed high or low protein concentrate
- Preference of dairy cows: indoors cubicle housing with access to a total mixed ration vs. pasture.
- 88. The scientific case for badger culling - an organic farmer writes
- Factsheet 3. Efficient Milk Production - Climate Change. Methane
- 104. Drilling lucerne – establishment is key!
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to BVD costs in dairy cows: a control costs calculator model
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Johne's disease costs in dairy cows: a control costs calculator model
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.