The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Effect of level of inclusion of Bioplex® Copper or CuSO4 on the performance and indicators of copper status in dairy cows.
- Water buffalo – an introduction
- Effects of providing total mixed rations indoors and on pasture on the behavior of lactating dairy cattle and their preference to be indoors or on pasture.
- Relationship between lameness and lying behaviour of zero-grazed Holstein dairy cattle recorded using an activity monitor
- 1003: Dairy Company Strategy and Performance
- Cow Signals: How comfortable are your cows?
- The Future Strategy for Dairy Farming in the UK
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- Fatty acids and the flavour of cheddar cheese
- Effects of inclusion of whole-crop pea silages differing in their tannin content on the performance of dairy cows fed high or low protein concentrate
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.