The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Nutrient Management Case Study - Dairy
- 7. eBolus and farmBolus
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- The effect of TMR on dairy cow preference to be indoors or at pasture.
- 1065: Recommendations for EU dairy sector
- 49. Using lucerne in the GB dairy industry
- Relationship between lameness and lying behaviour of zero-grazed Holstein dairy cattle recorded using an activity monitor
- 2159: The end of milk quotas - the end of small farmers?
- 1133: Milk and climate change
- 1201: Feed space allowance had no impact on dairy cow performance
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.