The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Ovarian expression of insulin-like peptide 3 (INSL3) and its receptor (RXFP2) during development of bovine antral follicles and corpora lutea and measurement of circulating INSL3 levels during synchronized estrous cycles
- 2162: Challenges and strategies for dairy farmers
- 60. Grazing behaviour of suckler cows affects predicted methane emissions
- Taking Stock: Shared knowledge in action
- In vitro biohydrogenation of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protected against ruminal microbial metabolism
- Feeding microalgae to dairy cows: improving nutrition of cows' milk and cheese?
- The behaviour of cows in response to rubber mats in milking parlour stalls.
- 143. Minerals: Can they be too much of a good thing?
- Genetic diversity in dairy cattle: potential impact on susceptibility to infectious disease
- The Future Strategy for Dairy Farming in the UK
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.