The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- 2: Gender of cow's foetus affects milk production
- 52. Badger responses to small-scale culling may compromise targeted control of bTB
- Case Study No. 31: Focus on renewable energy; Kemble Farms Ltd.
- Effects of providing total mixed rations indoors and on pasture on the behavior of lactating dairy cattle and their preference to be indoors or on pasture.
- Defaecation behaviour of dairy cows housing in straw yards or cubicle systems
- Smart technologies for detecting animal welfare status and delivering health remedies for rangeland systems.
- Cows: Control Of Worms Sustainably.
- Out-wintering replacement dairy heifers in GB: a survey of current practice
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to BVD costs in dairy cows: a control costs calculator model
- 1255: Oils can reduce emissions in grazing dairy cows
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.