The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Transition cow management
- 1824 Pasture utilisation
- Cow Signals: How comfortable are your cows?
- The behaviour of cows in response to rubber mats in milking parlour stalls.
- Hydro power workshop
- 1940: Eight strategies for efficient and sustainable livestock farming
- Once a day feeding of dairy-bred calves
- 50. Out-wintering cuts costs and aids dairy farming sustainability
- 1130: Feeding extruded linseed reduced methane production but not milk yield
- 1133: Milk and climate change
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.