The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Worming sheep best practice and Cumbria anthelminthic resistance trial
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- Briefing 1733: Bolus could provide an early warning system of deterioration in cow health
- The effect of a short extended grazing period in the spring and straw allocation on the milk yield and composition of autumn calving dairy cows.
- Farming : Emissions
- 31. Badgers carry TB further than previously thought
- 1410: Johnes Disease
- 52. Badger responses to small-scale culling may compromise targeted control of bTB
- 1130: Feeding extruded linseed reduced methane production but not milk yield
- Whole-crop wheat for dairy cows: best harvest date and preservation method
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.