The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- 1790: Anthelmintic resistance in cattle
- Bluetongue: Why farmers can't afford to be complacent in 2009
- Factsheet 5. Efficient Milk Production - Climate Change. What you can do about ammonia emissions
- 81. Ice pigging technology offers dairy industry significant savings
- 1375: Smart sensor to improve cow health
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- 1890: Could you start dairy farming for £1?
- Once a day feeding of dairy-bred calves
- The behaviour of cows in response to rubber mats in milking parlour stalls.
- 1511: Using genomics to improve dairy cattle
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.