The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- The effect of locomotion score and foot lesions on kinematic measures of gait in dairy cattle.
- 2161: EU milk sector growth dependent on exports post quota
- 60. Grazing behaviour of suckler cows affects predicted methane emissions
- Potential effects of straw bedding management on risks of contacting faeco-orally transmitted pathogens in dairy heifers.
- In vitro biohydrogenation of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protected against ruminal microbial metabolism
- Improving the nutritive value of forage legumes for high yielding dairy cows
- Effects of level and form of dietary zinc on dairy cattle performance and keratin production in the teat canal.
- 142. Producing healthier milk for consumers
- Genetic diversity in dairy cattle: potential impact on susceptibility to infectious disease
- The Future Strategy for Dairy Farming in the UK
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.