The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Grazed Grass Quality
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- Cow Signals: How comfortable are your cows?
- The behaviour of cows in response to rubber mats in milking parlour stalls.
- Farming : Emissions
- 34: Case study - tackling a persistent TB breakdown
- 1410: Johnes Disease
- 51. Moving beyond the GM debate
- 1130: Feeding extruded linseed reduced methane production but not milk yield
- 1133: Milk and climate change
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.