The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Starting a homebred heifer rearing policy
- 1869: Megadairies
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- Innovations at the Harper Adams Dairy Unit: Lely Juno feed pusher robot
- Farming : Farm Smart
- The motivation of dairy cows for access to pasture.
- 1460: Continuous housing of dairy cows
- 2026: Safe handling of cattle
- Whole-crop wheat for dairy cows: processed versus unprocessed
- 1153: Dairy cow fertilisation failure
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.