The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- 1851: Animal feed v human food
- The effect of locomotion score and foot lesions on kinematic measures of gait in dairy cattle.
- 23. Genetic marker-based selection for resistance to bTB has the potential to make a significant contribution to bTB control
- The effect of lameness on lying behaviour of zero grazed Holstein dairy cattle
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
- The Design of Dairy Cow and Replacement Heifer Housing
- Factsheet 2. Efficient Milk Production - Climate Change. Greenhouse gases and ammonia emissions from dairy farming
- Smart technologies for detecting animal welfare status and delivering health remedies for rangeland systems.
- 1201: Feed space allowance had no impact on dairy cow performance
- 1223: NFU Cost of Milk Production Report
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.