The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- 1824 Pasture utilisation
- Effect of inorganic or organic copper fed without or with added sulphur and molybdenum on the performance, indicators of copper status, and hepatic mRNA in dairy cows.
- 1890: Could you start dairy farming for £1?
- Effect of level of inclusion of Bioplex® Copper or CuSO4 on the performance and indicators of copper status in dairy cows.
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
- The Design of Dairy Cow and Replacement Heifer Housing
- Factsheet 6. Efficient Milk Production - Climate Change. What you can do to reduce carbon dioxide emissions
- 2188: Tough times - what resilient dairy farmers do differently
- The dairy unit at Harper Adams
- A lifetime in cattle breeding
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.