The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- The motivation of dairy cows for access to pasture.
- 71. The first cut forage gap
- 52. Badger responses to small-scale culling may compromise targeted control of bTB
- Water buffalo – an introduction
- In vitro biohydrogenation of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protected against ruminal microbial metabolism
- 104. Drilling lucerne – establishment is key!
- Prediction of parturition in dairy cattle using a 2D accelerometer to measure lying behaviour – a preliminary observational field study
- 2344: Sustainabilit is complex but grazing livestock have a key role
- 1255: Oils can reduce emissions in grazing dairy cows
- The joy of climbing the farming ladder
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.