The OpenFields library holds resources on dairy cattle production practices, including:
Dairy cattle management and milk production
- housing and parlour management
- efficiency of milk production
- calving pattern
- intake of colostrum
- weaning management
- dry cows
- cattle longevity
- milk production technology
Dairy cattle breeding
- dairy cattle breeds
- fertility, genetics, heifer rearing
Dairy cattle nutrition
- nutrient budgeting
- buffer feeding
- alternative forages
Dairy cattle health and welfare
- disease management
- foot and mouth disease
- bovine TB
Dairy waste and environmental management
- nutrient management
- manure management
- effluent and dirty water management
- emissions inventory
OpenFields brings together authoritative dairy cattle production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Dairy production category
- Impact of lameness on gait characteristics and lying behaviour of zero grazed dairy cattle in early lactation
- Can we beat bTB in the North West?
- 1641: Are mob grazed cattle the perfect arable break?
- Factsheet 6. Efficient Milk Production - Climate Change. What you can do to reduce carbon dioxide emissions
- Climate change series: Focus on sustainable dairying
- Ruminant Nutrition Regimes To Reduce Methane And Nitrogen Emissions - A Meta-analysis of Current Databases
- The effect of herbage allowance and distance on day-time preference of dairy cows to be indoors or at pasture
- 1272: Out-wintering heifers on a wood-chip pad
- Leading in research
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
- The effects of processing at harvest and cutting height of urea-treated whole-crop wheat on performance and digestibility in dairy cows
There are currently no subcategories in the Dairy production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.