Change in the air. The English Beef and Sheep Production Roadmap - Phase 1
Document which benchmarks the industry's environmental impact in terms of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and energy use, and outlines how this can be reduced.
Year of Publication2009
The English Beef and Sheep Production Roadmap has been produced by a steering group of industry organisations led by EBLEX. It has the overall objective of developing a strategy to guide beef and sheep producers towards actions that reduce the negative and promote the positive environmental impacts of their businesses.Phase One of the Roadmap concentrates on one of the most important challenges facing the world today - mitigating the effects of climate change by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and energy use. It aims to establish realistic current performance benchmarks, based on the best available Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) modelling, and a practical strategy, to help meet the 2020 targets set for agriculture in the UK’s Low Carbon Transition Plan against the background of other important environmental considerations.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Beef production
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wastes management & pollution control
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Sheep production
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.