Testing the water: The English beef and sheep production roadmap - Phase 2
Document which examines the relationship between the CO2 equivalent cost of production and profitability for a sample of beef and sheep enterprises, as well as quantifying water usage in production and the value of beef and sheep to the English landscape and biodiversity.
Year of Publication2010
This Phase Two document builds on Phase One - Change in the Air - (go to http://ofi.openfields.org.uk/1.12020217) published in late 2009 which focused on mitigating the effects of climate change by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and energy use.It does so by evaluating the specific relationships between physical and financial performance and GHG emissions on commercial beef and sheep units across the country.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Water resource management
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Beef production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Dairy production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Sheep production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
Creating a sustainable and competitive beef and lamb industry.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.