The OpenFields library holds resources on beef production practices, including:
Beef cattle management
- Herd planning
Beef cattle breeding
- Beef cattle breeds
- Bull health and fertility
Beef cattle nutrition
- Grazing management
- Conservation grazing
Beef cattle health and welfare
- Worm control
- Bovine TB
- Mineral deficiency
Beef cattle production waste and environmental management
- Manure management
OpenFields brings together authoritative beef production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Beef production category
- Improving soils for Better Returns
- Effect of concentrate feed level on the performance of maize silage fed bulls.
- 1577: Grazed cattle are carbon negative
- Reducing emissions from livestock
- 900: Spotlight on Livestock
- Improving suckler cow fertility
- The way ahead for the British beef industry
- 1717: AgriChatUK - "What future for Upland farms?" discussion 21/03/13
- Primary demand for red meats in the U.K.
- Optimising nutrient budgets for livestock systems based on alternative forage crops.
There are currently no subcategories in the Beef production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.