The OpenFields library holds resources on beef production practices, including:
Beef cattle management
- Herd planning
Beef cattle breeding
- Beef cattle breeds
- Bull health and fertility
Beef cattle nutrition
- Grazing management
- Conservation grazing
Beef cattle health and welfare
- Worm control
- Bovine TB
- Mineral deficiency
Beef cattle production waste and environmental management
- Manure management
OpenFields brings together authoritative beef production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Beef production category
- 2171: The scientific case for badger culling – a farmer writes
- 1147: Low carbon footprints for lamb and beef farms
- 1072: Hill farming
- 2436: Swagbot: the robot cowboy that can herd and monitor cattle
- Animal Health and Welfare Planning Case Study - Beef
- Selection of stock bulls for profitable beef production
- Testing the water: The English beef and sheep production roadmap - Phase 2
- 1345: Livestock soils
- Evaluation of skim and whey based milk replacers on the performance of artificially reared dairy-bred bull calves.
- Ovarian expression of insulin-like peptide 3 (INSL3) and its receptor (RXFP2) during development of bovine antral follicles and corpora lutea and measurement of circulating INSL3 levels during synchronized estrous cycles
- 2060: Avoiding respiratory problems in winter housed cattle
There are currently no subcategories in the Beef production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.