The OpenFields library holds resources on beef production practices, including:
Beef cattle management
- Herd planning
Beef cattle breeding
- Beef cattle breeds
- Bull health and fertility
Beef cattle nutrition
- Grazing management
- Conservation grazing
Beef cattle health and welfare
- Worm control
- Bovine TB
- Mineral deficiency
Beef cattle production waste and environmental management
- Manure management
OpenFields brings together authoritative beef production information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Beef production category
- Analysing forage for winter feeding
- 1744: Farm animal genetic resources
- Worming sheep best practice and Cumbria anthelminthic resistance trial
- Managing clover for Better Returns which outlines the advantages of including clovers in the farming system, and the management needed to optimise their contribution to the farm business.
- 1069: Lowland Grazing Livestock
- 34: Case study - tackling a persistent TB breakdown
- 1264: Selecting beef animals for feed efficiency improves carcass traits
- 2060: Avoiding respiratory problems in winter housed cattle
- 1136: Beef breeding – past, present and future
- 1163: Ultrasound can be used to predict beef carcass fat weights and proportions
There are currently no subcategories in the Beef production section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.