Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- The use of a foam-based footbath to control lameness in dairy cows
- Growing concerns:Animal and plant disease policy for the 21st century
- Does type of flooring affect stomach ulcers in finishing pigs?
- 2194: US research into replacements for antibiotics
- 1375: Smart sensor to improve cow health
- 2200: Large dairy herds do not affect cattle welfare
- 681: Farm Practices Survey
- Worming sheep best practice and Cumbria anthelminthic resistance trial
- Making the most of grass for high yielding dairy cows
- Effects of level and form of dietary zinc on dairy cattle performance and keratin production in the teat canal.
- 1511: Using genomics to improve dairy cattle
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.