Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Impact of lameness on gait characteristics and lying behaviour of zero grazed dairy cattle in early lactation
- Goats – internal parasite control
- Evaluation of skim and whey based milk replacers on the performance of artificially reared dairy-bred bull calves.
- Cows: Control Of Worms Sustainably.
- Can feeding fish oil and vitamin E to pregnant ewes help lamb survival?
- Trace elements trial at Lancashire B&S Monitor Farm
- Reducing emissions from livestock
- 28. bTB - The way farmers think about nature and disease spread must be more fully accounted for by policy makers
- Different soil media for free-range laying hens
- Factors in the housing environment of finisher pigs associated with the development of gastric ulcers
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.