Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Feeding plant extract to chickens reared under different hygienic conditions: effects on metabolisable energy, nutrient digestibility and endogenous losses.
- Animal Health and Welfare Planning Case Study - Beef
- Farmed deer – health & welfare
- The effect of exogenous phytase on dietary net energy for chickens
- 996: Bovine TB - NFU Update
- Can commercial pigs demonstrate the ‘when’ aspect of episodic-like memory?
- 7. eBolus and farmBolus
- 1387: Improving Livestock
- 2080: Sustainable milk production: the vital role of soil for feed integrity
- Factors in the housing environment of finisher pigs associated with the development of gastric ulcers
- 1127: bTB - measures
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.