Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Domestic animal health: a model to improve service quality for owners?
- Bluetongue: Why farmers can't afford to be complacent in 2009
- Is Johne's hiding in your herd?
- Cow Signals: How comfortable are your cows?
- In vitro biohydrogenation of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protected against ruminal microbial metabolism
- Compost versus soil for free-range laying hens
- Effect of level of inclusion of Bioplex® Copper or CuSO4 on the performance and indicators of copper status in dairy cows.
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Mycoplasma gallisepticum costs in laying hens: a control costs calculator model
- 1365: Animal and plant disease policy
- Effects of dietary phytase on performance and nutrient metabolism in chickens
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.