Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Quantifying hungry broiler breeder preferences using a closed economy T-maze task.
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- Improving suckler cow fertility
- Policy-making for animal and plant diseases: a changing landscape?
- Lamb finishing: where, when and how?
- Bovine tuberculosis: a problem for farmers, conservationists and policymakers
- 2052; Red meat carcass payment: are there better systems than the EUROP grid?
- 1441: Pesticide resistance
- Case Study: Trees mean better business
- Copper induced hepatotoxicosis with hepatic stellate cell activation and severe fibrosis in North Ronaldsay lambs: a model for non-Wilsonian hepatic copper toxicosis of infants
- 1132: bTB – government proposal
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.