Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Improving suckler cow fertility
- 1915: bTB - farmers' understanding
- Trace elements trial at Lancashire B&S Monitor Farm
- The use of stable carbon isotopes to authenticate claims that poultry have been corn-fed.
- Computational modelling of air mixing and ventilation in livestock buildings
- Risks associated with preweaning mortality in 855 litters on 39 commercial outdoor pig farms in England
- Effect of lighting regime on the response of broiler chickens to dietary phytase
- A Guide to Animal Welfare in Nature Conservation Grazing
- 1132: bTB – government proposal
- TB, Cattle and Badgers
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.