Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Conditioned place preference: a tool to determine hungry broiler preferences.
- Can we beat bTB in the North West?
- 1617: Large scale livestock systems
- Changes in lying behaviour and activity during the peri-parturient period in primiparous and multiparous Holstein dairy cows.
- 990: Animal welfare
- 1834: Welfare and pork systems
- Dairy cow choice for eating in or out: the effect of feeding outdoor rations
- 2011: Soil micro-organisms could help farming cut greenhouse gases
- Defaecation behaviour of dairy cows housing in straw yards or cubicle systems
- Briefing 1126: Bovine TB consultation
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.