Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Badgers and bovine tuberculosis: on-farm biosecurity and badger exclusion measures (TIN106)
- To revaccinate or not to revaccinate: does serology have the answer for canine vaccination?
- The effect of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary metabolisable energy, nutrient retention and endogenous losses in precision fed broiler chickens.
- The effect of feeding phytase-free diets after previous exposure to E. coli phytase-supplemented diets, on broiler chick performance
- 985: Badger culling
- Interaction between dietary phytase and phytic acid: effect on broiler performance and endogenous losses.
- Sheep Scab or Lice, can you afford to guess?
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Mycoplasma gallisepticum costs in laying hens: a control costs calculator model
- 1857: Micronutrients and grazing livestock
- Do cats react to relaxation music?
- Defaecation behaviour of dairy cows housing in straw yards or cubicle systems
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.