Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Welfare Considerations of Tethering for Conservation Grazing
- Effect of concentrate feed level on the performance of maize silage fed bulls.
- Factors affecting the likelihood of release of injured and orphaned woodpigeons (Columba palumbus).
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Coccidiosis costs in broilers: a control costs and benefits calculator model
- 1538: Animal GM and cloning
- Effects of composted vegetable waste as soil medium in free-laying hens’ production systems on birds’ behaviour, soil structure, grass cover and nematode population.
- 1124: Bleeding Calf Syndrome
- Defaecation behaviour of dairy cows housing in straw yards or cubicle systems
- 1791: bTB Strategy Consultation
- 1915: bTB - farmers' understanding
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.