Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- The effect of lameness on lying behaviour of zero grazed Holstein dairy cattle
- Vension Production
- An evaluation of crimped maize grain for finishing beef cattle.
- Ventilation DVD
- MRSA in Animals
- 1736: AgriChatUK - "Animal welfare and antibiotics – at what price?" discussion 11/04/13
- 1299: Ewe exposure to nematode parasites increases lamb resilience rather than resistance
- 15. A machine to reduce flooding
- Trainability of eliminative behaviour in dairy heifers using a secondary reinforce
- The ability of domestic hens to jump between perches: effects of light intensity and perch colour
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.