Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- The effects of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary true metabiolisable energy, nutrient digestibility and endogenous losses in precision fed turkeys.
- 1688: AgriChatUK - "Livestock Auctions" discussion 31/01/13
- Eliminative behaviour of dairy cows at pasture.
- Review: Grazing preferences in sheep and cattle: Implications for production, the environment and animal welfare
- Use of a monitor to predict dairy cow health and oestrus
- 1790: Anthelmintic resistance in cattle
- 1333: bTB cattle measures
- 41: Nearer to a rapid test for bTB
- Postnatal behavioural and physiological responses of piglets from gilts housed individually or in groups during gestation
- Copper induced hepatotoxicosis with hepatic stellate cell activation and severe fibrosis in North Ronaldsay lambs: a model for non-Wilsonian hepatic copper toxicosis of infants
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.