Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- 1642: Welfare implications of breeding technologies
- Animal Health & Welfare Case Study - Pigs
- Animal Health and Welfare Planning Case Study - Beef and Sheep
- Lost in Translation: Assessing knowledge sources, exchange and effectiveness in animal disease control
- A milk line supplement for suckling piglets?
- 1985: Schmallenberg virus update
- Fumaric and sorbic acid as additives in broiler feed
- Risks associated with preweaning mortality in 855 litters on 39 commercial outdoor pig farms in England
- Briefing 1126: Bovine TB consultation
- Compost versus soil for free-range laying hens
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.