Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- 1617: Large scale livestock systems
- Precision Livestock Farming and the BrightAnimal Project
- Transition cow management
- 1511: Using genomics to improve dairy cattle
- The use of a foam-based footbath to control lameness in dairy cows
- The role of local government in managing disease risks in rural areas
- A better understanding of phosphorus: stronger, healthier pigs?
- Effect of dietary protein concentrates on the incidence of sub-clinical necrotic enteritis in broiler flocks
- 2214: Naturally polled cattle – fad or future?
- 1124: Bleeding Calf Syndrome
- 1149: Economic impact of bTB
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.