Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Improving suckler cow fertility
- 1898 Schmallenberg virus (SBV) - diagnosis and control
- 1736: AgriChatUK - "Animal welfare and antibiotics – at what price?" discussion 11/04/13
- The effect of dietary xylanase on energy, amino acid and mineral metabolism and egg production and quality in laying hens.
- Computational modelling of air mixing and ventilation in livestock buildings
- 88. The scientific case for badger culling - an organic farmer writes
- Relationship between lameness and lying behaviour of zero-grazed Holstein dairy cattle recorded using an activity monitor
- 20:20 Pig Health and Welfare Strategy. A vision for 2020.
- 1128: bTB consultation – badger control
- 1197:Bovine TB and badger culling
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.