Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- How hungry is too hungry? Impaired learning leads to poorer payoffs in hungry broiler breeders.
- The effects of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary energy and total tract amino acid digestibility when fed to young chickens.
- Improving the representation of thermal boundary conditions of livestock during CFD modelling of the indoor environment.
- Relationship between lameness and lying behaviour of zero-grazed Holstein dairy cattle recorded using an activity monitor
- Principles of Bio-security (Chapter 1B)
- Effect of lighting regime on the response of broiler chickens to dietary phytase
- Woodchip for animal bedding and compost
- Reducing somatic cell count in dairy cows: abrupt versus gradual drying off
- 1721: New foot-and-mouth vaccine
- Reducing the carbon 'hoofprint'
- Do cats react to relaxation music?
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.