Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Consumer defined dimensions of egg quality
- Domestic animal health: a model to improve service quality for owners?
- 2194: US research into replacements for antibiotics
- The effect of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary metabolisable energy, nutrient retention and endogenous losses in precision fed broiler chickens.
- Savaging behaviour in domestic gilts: a study of seven commercial farms.
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Johne's disease costs in dairy cows: a control costs calculator model
- The effect of microbial phytase on dietary energy, N and mineral metabolism when maize/soybean diets are fed to laying hens
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Johne's disease costs in suckler cows: a control costs calculator model
- The way ahead for the British beef industry
- The foot and mouth disease outbreak 2001 – a national archive
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.