Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Effect of level of inclusion of Bioplex® Copper or CuSO4 on the performance and indicators of copper status in dairy cows.
- The effect of dietary crude protein and potassium on water intake and excretion by turkeys
- Effects of providing total mixed rations indoors and on pasture on the behavior of lactating dairy cattle and their preference to be indoors or on pasture.
- Effects of starch level and forage particle length on the performance, milk fatty acid profile and production of trans-10, cis-12 conjugated linoleic acid in dairy ewes
- Three Ways to Improve your Bio-security (Chapter 3)
- The dose effect of rumen protected trans-10, cis-12 CLA on milk fat synthesis in dairy ewes
- Worming sheep best practice and Cumbria anthelminthic resistance trial
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to enzootic pneumonia control costs in finishing pigs: a control costs and benefits calculator model
- 1800: Gestation length, calving interval and milk production
- Parturient behaviour and offspring-directed aggression in farmed wild boar of three genetic lines.
- Postnatal behavioural and physiological responses of piglets from gilts housed individually or in groups during gestation
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.