Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Evaluation of moist co-products for finishing dairy-bred bulls.
- Is Johne's hiding in your herd?
- Goats – internal parasite control
- Preference of dairy cows: indoors vs. pasture
- 996: Bovine TB - NFU Update
- The effect of exogenous phytase on dietary net energy for chickens
- Leading in research
- Does type of flooring affect stomach ulcers in finishing pigs?
- Forage type and copper metabolism: improving sheep health and wool quality?
- The ability of domestic hens to jump between perches: effects of light intensity and perch colour
- 1127: bTB - measures
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.