Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- The effect of dietary nutrient density on litter quality in turkey production.
- Dairy Herd Expansion: Things to be aware of
- Turkeys - Seasonal Production
- The effect of supplemental dietary nucleotides when fed to young chickens, on performance and nutrient utilisation
- Lamb finishing: where, when and how?
- 28. bTB - The way farmers think about nature and disease spread must be more fully accounted for by policy makers
- 1410: Johnes Disease
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: development of a multi-channel monitor (Phase 2)
- The ability of laying hens to negotiate perches of different materials, with clean or dirty surfaces
- 1128: bTB consultation – badger control
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.