Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- 20:20 Pig Health and Welfare Strategy. A vision for 2020.
- Effect of diets containing potato protein concentrate or soya bean meal on the growth performance, sub clinical necrotic enteritis and the physiological responses of broiler chickens
- Postnatal behavioural and physiological responses of piglets from gilts housed individually or in groups during gestation
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to Sheep Scab costs in breeding sheep and finishing lambs: a control costs and benefits calculator model
- Egg Marketing in the United Kingdom - Consumer View
- Harper Adams' Gateway Guide to a calculator model for comparing different footrot treatment costs in breeding ewes.
- Factors affecting dairy cow preference to be indoors or at pasture
- 013: Summary of Government Response to Foot and Mouth Disease(FMD) enquiries.
- Effects of dietary phytase on performance and nutrient metabolism in chickens
- 1791: bTB Strategy Consultation
- 7. eBolus and farmBolus
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.