Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- The effect of supplementary bacterial phytase on dietary metabolisable energy, nutrient retention and endogenous losses in precision fed broiler chickens.
- Analysing forage for winter feeding
- Food choices for hungry broiler breeders: do they prefer qualitative or quantitative dietary restriction?
- 1498: Dairy 2020
- Instructions: isee Player and Farm Health Planning model download guide
- 1827: Livestock-associated MRSA
- Dairy cow choice for eating in or out: the effect of feeding outdoor rations
- 52. Badger responses to small-scale culling may compromise targeted control of bTB
- A case study: faecal corticosteroid and behaviour as indicators of welfare during relocation of an Asian elephant
- 1124: Bleeding Calf Syndrome
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.