Animal health and welfare
The OpenFields library holds resources on animal health and welfare including:
- veterinary surveillance
- avian influenza (Bird flu)
- equine infectious anaemia
- foot and mouth disease
- swine influenza
- Animal Welfare Act
- on-farm animal welfare
- welfare at transport
- welfare at markets
- welfare at slaughter
Livestock movements, identification and tracing
- movement of livestock
- livestock identification
- livestock registration
- electronic identification (EID) of sheep
Animal by-products and disposal
- disposal of animal by-products
- disposal of animal carcases or parts of carcases
- disposal of products of animal origin not intended for human consumption
International animal trade
- animal imports
- animal exports
- animal product imports
- animal product exports
OpenFields brings together authoritative animal welfare information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Animal health and welfare category
- Evaluation of skim and whey based milk replacers on the performance of artificially reared dairy-bred bull calves.
- Animal Health and Welfare Planning Case Study - Beef (No 2)
- 1664: Wildlife management
- The effect of a short extended grazing period in the spring and straw allocation on the milk yield and composition of autumn calving dairy cows.
- 994: Disease policy
- 1869: Megadairies
- 1375: Smart sensor to improve cow health
- 2073: Insect meal as animal feed
- Factors associated with preweaning mortality on commercial pig farms in England and Wales
- The effect of dietary vitamin E and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation of pregnant and lactating ewes on placental and mammary transfer of vitamin E to the lamb
There are currently no subcategories in the Animal health and welfare section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.