1551: Milk Prices
The contents of this paper have been taken from an Andersons Newsflash, ‘Milk Prices’ published on 10th July. You can subscribe to Andersons Bulletins via their Professional Update service: www.andersons.co.uk/research.htm
Year of Publication2012
The latest round of farmgate price is likely to accelerate producer exits and a decline in milk output. The cuts focus on milk going to the liquid market and on producers who do not belong to supermarket schemes which link their price to production costs. However, nobody really knows how the supermarket groups operate with processors and it seems simplistic to categorise retailers into the ‘good’ who have producer groups and the ‘bad’ that do not. Processor margins are under pressure and it is likely that they are improving their margins before a Code of Practice limits their flexibility to do so.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Dairy production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Business > Marketing & product development
- Subject Collection > Business
- Subject Collection > Business > Economics & Finance
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.