1294: Andersons Agribrief Bulletin – 31st May 2011
The contents of this paper have been selected from this month’s Andersons Agribrief Bulletin. The full Bulletin covers more ground than this and contains more detail on the subjects summarised here. The contents list for this month’s edition is given at the end of this paper. You can subscribe to Andersons Bulletins via their Professional Update service: www.andersons.co.uk/research.htm
Year of Publication2011
The legislation to implement a supermarket adjudicator has been published but it is unlikely there will be anyone in post before mid 2013. The Campaign for the Farmed Environment is showing mixed progress but Andersons think it may get an extension pending the new CAP settlement. Fertiliser prices continue to rise, farm borrowing is up and milk prices at their highest ever level – though production costs are rising fast too. Farming Unions are working hard to change unreasonable EU sheep identification and movement regulations. Wool prices have hit a 25 year high.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > Economic development
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > European rural policy
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Business > Economics & Finance
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.