Livestock and dairy
The OpenFields library holds resources about animal husbandry, covering animal science, stockbreeding, dairy production, and the domestication, breeding and raising of livestock.
- Grassland management for livestock - species mix, sward management, grazing systems
- Forage crops and other livestock feed hay, silage management, wholecrop
- Beef production - cattle breeding, management, nutrition, health and welfare, manure management
- Dairy production dairy cattle breeding, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, housing and parlour management, energy from waste
- Pig production breeding, management, housing, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, energy from waste
- Poultry and Egg Production types, breeds, housing, management, nutrition, health and welfare, production waste
- Sheep production breeding, management, health and welfare, dipping and other wastes
- Minority species as livestock - deer, camelids, buffalo, ostrich, ducks, geese
- Animal health and welfare disease prevention and management, biosecurity, transportation, slaughter
- Veterinary practice working practices, veterinary nursing, disease management and prevention
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on livestock and dairy practices from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Livestock and dairy category
- The role of local government in managing disease risks in rural areas
- An Introduction to Dairy Sheep
- The reliability of rumination data recorded by a commercial rumination monitor.
- 1298: Participatory research and agricultural biodiversity
- 791:The Impact of Developments in Genetics and Genomics on Livestock Breeding and Animal Health
- Is Johne's hiding in your herd?
- Do cats react to relaxation music?
- 1886: Future fertiliser nitrogen
- 944: HSBC Market view 2010
- 972: The City Food Lecture
Subcategories within Livestock and dairy
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.