Livestock and dairy
The OpenFields library holds resources about animal husbandry, covering animal science, stockbreeding, dairy production, and the domestication, breeding and raising of livestock.
- Grassland management for livestock - species mix, sward management, grazing systems
- Forage crops and other livestock feed hay, silage management, wholecrop
- Beef production - cattle breeding, management, nutrition, health and welfare, manure management
- Dairy production dairy cattle breeding, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, housing and parlour management, energy from waste
- Pig production breeding, management, housing, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, energy from waste
- Poultry and Egg Production types, breeds, housing, management, nutrition, health and welfare, production waste
- Sheep production breeding, management, health and welfare, dipping and other wastes
- Minority species as livestock - deer, camelids, buffalo, ostrich, ducks, geese
- Animal health and welfare disease prevention and management, biosecurity, transportation, slaughter
- Veterinary practice working practices, veterinary nursing, disease management and prevention
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on livestock and dairy practices from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Livestock and dairy category
- Managing soil biota to deliver ecosystem services Annex A – Case study one: Mixed farm range of livestock enterprises and arable cropping
- Analysing forage for winter feeding
- An Introduction to Dairy Sheep
- 1424: Uplands statistics - accessibility
- 890: Transition Farms – after fossils fuels run out
- Screening of management standards and compliance to standards
- Food waste within global food systems
- The dairy unit at Harper Adams
- Promoting Habitat Mosaics for Invertebrates: Lowland heathland
- 972: The City Food Lecture
- The Royal Agricultural Society of England (RASE)
Subcategories within Livestock and dairy
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.