Livestock and dairy
The OpenFields library holds resources about animal husbandry, covering animal science, stockbreeding, dairy production, and the domestication, breeding and raising of livestock.
- Grassland management for livestock - species mix, sward management, grazing systems
- Forage crops and other livestock feed hay, silage management, wholecrop
- Beef production - cattle breeding, management, nutrition, health and welfare, manure management
- Dairy production dairy cattle breeding, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, housing and parlour management, energy from waste
- Pig production breeding, management, housing, nutrition, health and welfare, effluent and manure management, energy from waste
- Poultry and Egg Production types, breeds, housing, management, nutrition, health and welfare, production waste
- Sheep production breeding, management, health and welfare, dipping and other wastes
- Minority species as livestock - deer, camelids, buffalo, ostrich, ducks, geese
- Animal health and welfare disease prevention and management, biosecurity, transportation, slaughter
- Veterinary practice working practices, veterinary nursing, disease management and prevention
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on livestock and dairy practices from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Livestock and dairy category
- Protecting countryside users against zoonotic diseases by influencing their behaviour
- Water buffalo – an introduction
- The creation of small woodlands on farms
- 1294: Andersons Agribrief Bulletin – 31st May 2011
- Easy guide 789: Precision technology in farming
- Animal Health and Welfare Planning Case Study - Beef (No 2)
- Do cats react to relaxation music?
- Global Food Security Strategic Plan 2011-2016
- 942: Andersons Agribrief - November 09
- 963: Food Research – public funders, research councils and other bodies
Subcategories within Livestock and dairy
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.