The land-based sector employs information and communication technologies both in general business management and to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Precision farming as applied to crop management using remote/satellite sensing, livestock monitoring, water management, dairy production monitoring.
- Information and research use of the internet.
- Simulation and modelling
Cranfield University facilitates the Cranfield Centre for Precision Farming.
HAUC is host to NationalRural an online facility using contemporary web technology for rural organisations to exchange information.
Simulation models for use on pcs have been developed for a variety of purposes such as bulk grain drying (HGCA) and pest prediction (Warwick HRI).
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on land-based ITC from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Information technologies category
- Elaboration of basic methods for automatic analysis of cows’ gait.
- 1719: Influencing changes at the farm-level
- 1635: Lessons from the National Farmers Network
- Environmental impact with environmental indicators - with precision farming and controlled traffic systems
- 1028: Agricultural research partnership needed
- 11. ICT is key to rural development, especially for small-scale farming
- Preliminary report on optimized fleet management to reduce energy consumption and costs-Rep.2: Assessment of Potential Savings"
- Smart technologies for detecting animal welfare status and delivering health remedies for rangeland systems.
- 1175: Rural Broadband
- 1235: Biosystems Engineering
There are currently no subcategories in the Information technologies section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.