The land-based sector employs information and communication technologies both in general business management and to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Precision farming as applied to crop management using remote/satellite sensing, livestock monitoring, water management, dairy production monitoring.
- Information and research use of the internet.
- Simulation and modelling
Cranfield University facilitates the Cranfield Centre for Precision Farming.
HAUC is host to NationalRural an online facility using contemporary web technology for rural organisations to exchange information.
Simulation models for use on pcs have been developed for a variety of purposes such as bulk grain drying (HGCA) and pest prediction (Warwick HRI).
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on land-based ITC from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Information technologies category
- 1632: AgriChatUK - "Crime in the countryside" discussion 08/11/12
- 1769: AgriChatUK - "Social media: exploring its value for rural business" discussion 23/05/13
- 1633: Landbridge - rural inter-professional working and exchange
- Specification of a Rules App to handle compliance assessment based on knowledge from repositories
- The eRepository 2.n - a space for all reasons
- 2014: Research and the difficulty making judgments about risk
- Preliminary report on knowledge and information to be encoded.
- 2376: Innovate UK: The National Agri-tech Strategy
- 1210: Knowledge, Skills and New Technologies
- 164: Glossary of Agricultural Terms
There are currently no subcategories in the Information technologies section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.