The land-based sector employs information and communication technologies both in general business management and to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Precision farming as applied to crop management using remote/satellite sensing, livestock monitoring, water management, dairy production monitoring.
- Information and research use of the internet.
- Simulation and modelling
Cranfield University facilitates the Cranfield Centre for Precision Farming.
HAUC is host to NationalRural an online facility using contemporary web technology for rural organisations to exchange information.
Simulation models for use on pcs have been developed for a variety of purposes such as bulk grain drying (HGCA) and pest prediction (Warwick HRI).
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on land-based ITC from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Information technologies category
- Specification of system architecture
- 1028: Agricultural research partnership needed
- Preliminary report on knowledge and information to be encoded.
- 2059: Land-based education policy
- 164: Glossary of Agricultural Terms
- 2472: Agricultural societies and shows
- Management strategies and practices for precision agriculture operations
- 1582: Scientists, food insecurity and climate change
- System description of proposed Farm Management Information System (FMIS).
- Functional requirements of the derived information system.
Subcategories within Information technologies
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.