The land-based sector employs information and communication technologies both in general business management and to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Precision farming as applied to crop management using remote/satellite sensing, livestock monitoring, water management, dairy production monitoring.
- Information and research use of the internet.
- Simulation and modelling
Cranfield University facilitates the Cranfield Centre for Precision Farming.
HAUC is host to NationalRural an online facility using contemporary web technology for rural organisations to exchange information.
Simulation models for use on pcs have been developed for a variety of purposes such as bulk grain drying (HGCA) and pest prediction (Warwick HRI).
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on land-based ITC from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Information technologies category
- A four national survey of farm information management and advanced farming systems: A descriptive analysis of survey responses
- 1746: Defra farm advice report
- 1669: AgriChatUK - "Farming conferences" discussion 03/01/13
- Specification of a Rules App to handle compliance assessment based on knowledge from repositories
- The eRepository 2.n - a space for all reasons
- 2009: A digital knowledge transfer platform for agriculture
- Analyses of key results of FutureFarm on procedures, protocols and impacts with stakeholders on-farm .
- 2316: Satellite broadband - a last resort?
- 1210: Knowledge, Skills and New Technologies
- 1239: Vertical farming
There are currently no subcategories in the Information technologies section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.