The land-based sector employs information and communication technologies both in general business management and to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Precision farming as applied to crop management using remote/satellite sensing, livestock monitoring, water management, dairy production monitoring.
- Information and research use of the internet.
- Simulation and modelling
Cranfield University facilitates the Cranfield Centre for Precision Farming.
HAUC is host to NationalRural an online facility using contemporary web technology for rural organisations to exchange information.
Simulation models for use on pcs have been developed for a variety of purposes such as bulk grain drying (HGCA) and pest prediction (Warwick HRI).
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on land-based ITC from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Information technologies category
- Aiding the Understanding of Novel Freezing Technology Through Numerical Modelling with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- 1678: AgriChatUK - "LAMMA and trade shows" discussion 17/01/13
- 1638: AgriChatUK - "Agricultural shows" discussion 15/11/12
- Third Periodic Report for FutureFarm (2010)
- 1028: Agricultural research partnership needed
- 1908 Velcourt - Practice with Science
- Functional requirements of the derived information system.
- 2105: Researching the sustainable intensification of agriculture
- 1175: Rural Broadband
- 1231: Nanotechnology
There are currently no subcategories in the Information technologies section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.