Landscaping and amenity horticulture
The Openfields library holds a variety of materials on landscaping and amenity horticulture. Landscaping covers the design, planning, creation and maintenance of designed landscapes, ranging from the management of golf courses, parks and historic gardens to the planning of domestic gardens and leisure facilities. Designed landscapes may be urban and rural, (and can include the interiors of buildings.) Amenity horticulture refers to the corresponding care and planting of flower beds, trees, shrubs, lawns, public parks, sportsfields, roadside verges and green areas around public and other amenity buildings.
A sample of Items held in the Landscaping and amenity horticulture category
- The effects of temperature and lighting on flowering in Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia `Hidcote`)
- Raising trees and shrubs from seed
- Community Garden Starter Pack
- Community Garden Starter Pack (Scotland)
- Alpine Plant Production
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Green Roof Systems
- Production of shrubs from liners
- Phytophthora infestans – Late blight
There are currently no subcategories in the Landscaping and amenity horticulture section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.