Landscaping and amenity horticulture
The Openfields library holds a variety of materials on landscaping and amenity horticulture. Landscaping covers the design, planning, creation and maintenance of designed landscapes, ranging from the management of golf courses, parks and historic gardens to the planning of domestic gardens and leisure facilities. Designed landscapes may be urban and rural, (and can include the interiors of buildings.) Amenity horticulture refers to the corresponding care and planting of flower beds, trees, shrubs, lawns, public parks, sportsfields, roadside verges and green areas around public and other amenity buildings.
A sample of Items held in the Landscaping and amenity horticulture category
- A serious threat to Lawson’s cypress (Chamaecyparis lawsoniana) - Phytophthora lateralis
- Liriomyza leaf miners
- A threat to our woodlands, heathlands and historic gardens - Phytophthora kernoviae
- Phytophthora ramorum - A Practical Guide for the Nursery Stock and Garden Centre Industry
- Platanus lace bug (Corythucha ciliata)
- Alpine Plant Production
- Phytophthora ramorum and Phytophthora kernoviae diseases on bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)
- Production of shrubs from liners
- Swamp Cypress Rust Mite (Epitrimerus taxodii)
- Apple snails (Pomacea species)
There are currently no subcategories in the Landscaping and amenity horticulture section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.