Care Farming UK Case Study: Growing Well, Cumbria
Case study notes on a care and social enterprise which grows organic produce (to field scale) and delivers accredited training in horticulture.
Year of Publication2012
• Growing Well is a care and social enterprise. It was set up by Beren Aldridge in 2004, and has a voluntary board of directors. The company employs three full-time and three part-time staff whose skills include management, training, education, psychotherapy and counseling. • Growing Well grows organic produce (to field scale) and delivers accredited training in horticulture. It actively encourages participation by the local community through membership, educational visits and courses. • The land and buildings are rented from a tenanted National Trust farm, on whose land it is based and which has a farm shop that Growing Well supplies.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Horticulture
- Subject Collection > Training & skills
- Subject Collection > Social & community enterprise
- Subject Collection > Horticulture > Field scale vegetables
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.